Service and Support
The following services and support is available through CALSTARS:
- Daily transaction processing, production operation, and Standard/Special reports production and distribution;
- On-going maintenance of the system programs and files;
- Coordination with DOF, SCO, and other state and federal agencies for statewide accounting and reporting procedures, requirements.
- Coordination with OTech for system and data security management, system backups, disaster planning, operational recovery planning, and processing cost estimates;
- Maintenance of system sign-on Security Tables;
- Telephone HOTLINE (916) 327-0100 and e-mail (Hotline@dof.ca.gov) assistance;
- Maintenance of all CALSTARS documents on the Internet, which includes the CALSTARS Procedures Manual (CPM), Transmittal Letters (TLs), CALSTARS Operations Memos (COMs), forms, checklists, informational charts, and various procedures;
- NEWS screen for system status;
- On-Line CALSTARS Procedures Manual.