Below you will find a list of some of the technology solutions we have integrated to make our website easy to navigate, fast-loading, and accessible.
- Uses Alternative Text “ALT” and/or “TITLE” attributes. ALT/TITLE attributes provide a written description of the image, which is accessible to screen readers, and it is visible when the mouse is placed over the image. This is also useful for people who have images turned off on their browser, in which case a description will display where the image used to be.
WCAG 2.0 Level AA
- The template adheres to WCAG 2.0 AA Guidelines and Success Criteria organized under the following 4 principles:
- Provide text alternatives for non-text content.
- Provide captions and other alternatives for multimedia.
- Create content that can be presented in different ways, including by assistive technologies, without losing meaning.
- Make it easier for users to see and hear content.
- Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- Give users enough time to read and use content.
- Do not use content that causes seizures.
- Help users navigate and find content.
- Make text readable and understandable.
- Make content appear and operate in predictable
- Help users avoid and correct mistakes.
- Maximize compatibility with current and future user tools
The following information can further help improve the accessibility experience and find more resources.
- California’s Accessibility Standards
- Americans with Disabilities Act Notice
- California Commission on Disability Access (CCDA)
- California Department of Rehabilitation (DoR)
Difficulty Accessing Material
If you have difficulty accessing any material on this site, please contact us in writing and we will work with you to make the information available. You can direct your request to our Webmaster.
The Department of Finance (Finance) certifies that it is in compliance with California Government Code Sections 7405, 11135, and 11546.7 and in alignment with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, at no less than Level AA standards or higher.