The 2022 Budget Act appropriated $10 million for the first year of the County Assessors’ Information Technology Grant Program. This three-year, $30 million program provides funding to assist county assessors in performing property assessments with technology investments. Funding for the second and third years is subject to Budget Act appropriations.
For the 2022–23 fiscal year, a county assessor’s joint powers authority may apply to the Department of Finance by October 1, 2022. The application must include the following:
- A request for information technology-appropriate projects and programs related to the administration of the property tax system that includes the goals the authority seeks to achieve with the program funds.
- A description of the deliverables the authority will procure with the program funds, and a description of how those deliverables will be used to achieve the goals described above.
- A timeline for the completion of the deliverables and for the achievement of the goals specified described above.
- An assurance that all county assessors’ offices that request to participate in the projects and programs funded by the program will be afforded the opportunity to do so.
The Department of Finance will complete its application review by November 1, 2022, and will notify the State Controller’s Office to remit funds by November 15, 2022.
Upon receipt of the program funds, the joint powers authority must provide the Department of Finance with a copy of all contracts executed with third-party entities for implementing or operating the program, 30 days prior to expending any funds appropriated for the program.
A joint powers authority that receives program funds must report the following information to the Department of Finance by no later than October 1, 2023, and each October 1 thereafter until October 1, 2025:
- The total amount of program funds expended by the authority in the preceding fiscal year.
- A description of the purposes for which program funds were expended in the preceding fiscal year, and the associated deliverables received by the authority or the participating counties.
- A description of how the deliverables are in furtherance of the goals specified in the authority’s program application.
- A description of whether the authority is meeting the timeline specified in its application.
- Any corrections or changes to the information reported in the preceding annual reports, if any, and the reasons for those corrections or changes.
Upon the request of the Department of Finance, the joint powers authority must provide any supplemental information necessary to clarify the information contained in a report.
A reporting template will be developed and posted on this webpage.
- (link will be provided soon)
|Application Due||October 1, 2022|
|Application Review Completed||November 1, 2022|
|Notification to SCO to Remit Payment||November 15, 2022|
|First Annual Report Due||October 1, 2023|
|Second Annual Report Due||October 1, 2024|
|Final Annual Report Due||October 1, 2025|