Projections of population with components of change, births, and public school enrollment at the state and county level produced by the Demographic Research Unit.
Population Projections (Baseline 2019)
- Release Notes:
- Vintage 2020 (2021.7.14): update to fix a bug in the age-distribution by race/ethnicity; does not change population totals by year, county, race/ethnicity; highest age now 110+.
- Vintage 2020 (2021.4.23): update to fix age-distribution in P3 file; population totals do not change.
- Vintage 2020 (2021.3.05): update to include latest July 1 estimates released December 2020.
- Vintage 2019 (2020.12.11): file structure expanded and documentation released; data unchanged.
- Vintage 2019 (2020.1.10): initial public data release.
P-1: State Population Projections (2010-2060):
- P-1A Total Population for California
- P-1B Total Population by Individual Year of Age
- P-1C Total Population by Sex and 5-Year Age Group
- Total Population by Race/Ethnicity:
P-2: County Population Projections (2010-2060):
- P-2A Total Population for California and Counties
- P-2B County Population by Age
- P-2C County Population by Sex and Age Group
- P-2D County Population by Total Hispanic and Non-Hispanic Race
P-3: Complete State and County Projections Dataset:
- Complete P-3 Race/Ethnicity and Sex by Age for California and Counties, Excel Compatible
- Complete P-3 File Comma-Delimited, Database-Ready Format – comma-delimited dataset and data dictionary (compressed with zip). This is a large file that will NOT open successfully in Microsoft Excel.
- Data Dictionary – text containing codes and correspondence tables
Components of Change:
Household Projections for California Counties
- P-4: State and County Projected Households, Household Population, and Persons per Household 2020-2030
Comments, suggestions, or questions? Please email email@example.com.