The Department of Finance is charged with providing fiscal and accounting guidance and training to state departments in accordance with Government Code sections 13310 and 13344.
- NEW Budgetary/Legal Accounting Overview Course – The Budgetary/Legal Accounting Overview course provides participants with an introduction to the state’s system of accounting, fiscal policies, and accounting processes.
- State Fund Accounting Course – The State Fund Accounting Course provides accounting personnel with an in-depth understanding of the state’s system of accounting, fiscal policies, and accounting processes.
- FI$Cal Resources for Accounting – Finance provides FI$Cal Resources for Accounting staff in the form of classroom training, eLearning courses and query information to assist state departments using the Financial Information System for California (FI$Cal).
- Fund Balance Reconciliation – The Fund Balance Reconciliation Guide assists departmental accounting and budget staff in reconciling year-end financial reports to budget schedules according to government code and state policy.
- CMIA, ICRP, Pro Rata and SWCAP Training – Finance provides training for Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA), Indirect Cost Rate Proposal (ICRP), and Pro Rata/ Statewide Cost Allocation Plan (SWCAP). This training page provides details of the courses.
- Policy Inquiries – To receive accounting policy and guidance, submit a request to:
- FSCU Approval and Frequently Asked Questions – Frequently Asked Questions including how to obtain FSCU approval for various SAM sections are provided on this page.