Housing Unit Survey
The Demographic Research Unit collects housing unit change data from every city and county in California each year to produce annual population estimates as mandated by Article XIIIB of the California Constitution.
- Estimates – Official population estimates of the state, counties and cities produced by the Demographic Research Unit for state planning and budgeting.
- Projections – Forecasts of population, births and public school enrollment at the state and county level produced by the Demographic Research Unit.
- State Census Data Center – Demographic, social, economic, migration, and housing data from the decennial censuses, the American Community Survey, the Current Population Survey, and other special and periodic surveys.
- Data In Action – Interactive visualizations, charts, and maps that illustrate the data that the DRU tabulates and produces.
- DRU Data Hub – DRU’s interactive data portal for exploring, sharing, and visualizing data. It includes maps, dashboards, and other applications featuring a range of demographic, housing and socioeconomic data.
- E-1 Cities, Counties, and the State Population Estimates with Annual Percent Change
- State and County Population Projections
- Price and Population Factors Used for Appropriations Limits
- E-2 California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year
- Public K-12 Graded Enrollment and High School Graduate Projections by County
- California State Data Center Network
- Designated Census Tracts for the New Employment Credit
- California Opportunity Zones
Comments, suggestions, or questions? Please email email@example.com.