The Demographic Research Unit (DRU) of the California Department of Finance is designated as the single official source of demographic data for state planning and budgeting. Download a Unit overview brochure.
- Estimates – Official population estimates of the state, counties and cities produced by the Demographic Research Unit for state planning and budgeting.
- Projections – Forecasts of population, births and public school enrollment at the state and county level produced by the Demographic Research Unit.
- State Census Data Center – Demographic, social, economic, migration, and housing data from the decennial censuses, the American Community Survey, the Current Population Survey, and other special and periodic surveys.
- Data In Action – Interactive visualizations, charts, and maps that illustrate the data that the DRU tabulates and produces.
- DRU Data Hub – DRU’s interactive data portal for exploring, sharing, and visualizing data. It includes maps, dashboards, and other applications featuring a range of demographic, housing and socioeconomic data.
- E-1 Cities, Counties, and the State Population Estimates with Annual Percent Change
- State and County Population Projections
- Price and Population Factors Used for Appropriations Limits
- E-2 California County Population Estimates and Components of Change by Year
- Public K-12 Graded Enrollment and High School Graduate Projections by County
- California State Data Center Network
- Designated Census Tracts for the New Employment Credit
- California Opportunity Zones
- DRU Mailing List Subscriptions
Comments, suggestions, or questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.